Dr. Zafar received his medical degree from the Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery in Chicago, Illinois. He completed his residency with an emphasis in foot and ankle surgery at the Detroit Medical Center, which included Detroit Receiving Hospital and Children's Hospital of Michigan, both of which are level one trauma centers.
His extensive training in Orthopedic and Pediatric surgery includes specializing in trauma, adult and pediatric foot and ankle surgery, ankle arthroscopy, chronic ankle pain, and forefoot surgery including bunions, hammertoes, and flat foot repair. He is Board Qualified in Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery. He also recognizes the challenge of caring for the diabetic patient and is experienced in the techniques needed for limb salvage, skin grafts and complex wound ulcers.
Hospital and Surgery Center Affiliations
- Morton Plant North Bay Hospital, New Port Richey
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, Hudson
- Trinity Medical Center, Trinity
- Madison Point Rehabilitation Health Center, New Port Richey
- Mitchell Rehabilitation Center, New Port Richey
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Pinellas Pasco Podiatric Medical Association
- The Association of Extremity Nerve Surgeons
- West Pasco Chamber of Commerce